Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Quinoa salad with apricot and pistachios

I was lucky to have my friend, Michelle whip up a delicious and healthy dinner for me and another friend tonight. Since I normally do all of my own cooking, it was really nice to have someone else cook for me :) I have such lovely friends!

Mich made quinoa salad with apricot, kale and pistachio nuts. She made some changes to the original recipe, adding kale and capsicum instead of the romaine lettuce and raisins. The original recipe can be found here.

I thoroughly enjoyed this meal. It was light, flavoursome and very filling. You might not think that salads are a substantial dinner, but this one left us all feeling very satisfied. Although, we still had room for dessert of course :P

Homemade guacamole & corn chips for starters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment