Thursday, April 18, 2013

Vegetable juice

When I first decided I need a health kick and changed to a vegan lifestyle, I was so into the idea of juicing. All enthusiastic, I went out a bought a juicing machine. 

I use it every now and then, but what puts me off a little bit is the fact that all the left over pulp goes to waste. I didn't think of that at the time I bought it. Nowadays, I try and only juice things that will give me pulp I can use in other recipes. Fresh apple and carrot juice is always good because I can use the pule to make cake or pancakes etc. 

Today I decided to try a new juice recipe. Unfortunately there wasn't much I could do with the pulp so even though I was able to enjoy a nice healthy juice with my dinner, I felt bad scraping the pulp into the bin :( So please, if you're thinking about buying a juicer, don't buy it if you're going to feel guilty for wasting the pulp. 

Mixed vegetable juice

Serves 1

Ingredients:
  • 2 carrots
  • 4 stalks of celery
  • 1/2 beetroot
  • 1 green apple
  • 1/2 cucumber
Method:
Juice these bad boys!



Also, I watched a movie today called Deja Vu starring Denzel Washington and Val Kilmer. If you're anything like me and you like watching movies without any expectations, don't read the summary on IMdB. I think you'll like it more if you don't know anything about what's going to happen in the movie.

This movie was so good! I found it a real edge of your seat sci-fi/thriller movie. And I really liked the ending :) 

Now that it's coming up to winter (here in Australia anyways) save this movie for a rainy day. If you're into thrillers, this one needs to be on your list of movies to watch if you haven't already seen it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment