Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pop up water lily card

I had a friend's birthday dinner tonight, and so because I love making people handmade cards, I definitely wanted to use this as an opportunity to do something new. 

I remember on one particular trip to Melbourne we came across a cart in the Melbourne Central shopping centre which sold a whole bunch of pop-up cards. Some of them were so detailed and creative and I've been wanting to make some of my own ever since. 

I did a bit of googling and found a nice template for a pop-up water lily card. You can actually buy some templates, but I'm super stingy and this water lily one was the nicest one I could find for free. The website that I found it from also gave good instructions. Find it here.

 My friend's dinner was so much fun. There was more food than any of our stomach could digest and dessert was a smorgasbord of sugar. There was vegan chocolate cake, fruits of the forrest cake, fruit and cream meringues, waffle bowls with fruit and cream, caramel nut tart, fresh fruit, cookies and cream ice cream and mango sorbet. 

This is the second party I've been to where my friend has made vegan food and cake especially for me to eat. I am so truly lucky to have such thoughtful friends. My friend even went to the trouble to borrow out a vegan cookbook from the library from which she found the chocolate cake recipe. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends. 

Nothing can wipe the smile off my face right now.  




This is the recipe book were my friend found the recipe for vegan chocolate mud cake!! It was delicious!!...and no, I couldn't believe it was vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment